Services, tags, gloda in webextensions

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Thu Oct 10 19:37:48 UTC 2019

Hi Klaus,

most of this sounds like viable webextension apis, we'd want some way to interact with tags and to search messages. We do have a messages.query function that I believe uses gloda under the hood.

If you can't find what you are looking for in the docs then it is likely that the API doesn't yet exist. We'll certainly be working on a bunch of core APIs, but we can't do it without your help :) What there wouldn't be is direct access to Services.jsm

What we'd need to know is what specifically you want to do with gloda or the tags service so we can distill that into a suggestion on what an API would look like.

I think the best place to discuss this is https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups/addons

Philipp