Dropping legacy support: Moving forward

alta88 alta88 at fixall.com
Wed Oct 9 19:39:21 UTC 2019

The right answer is forever.

If not, the community needs to elect a Council that will direct the
answer to be forever.

Let me preemptively state quite clearly that the hand wavy reasons given
so far, ie follow firefox, the always useful security theater, and of
course the 'to help you the addon developer', are to be rejected out of
hand.

I'm tired of these attempts to limit and chip away at functionality.
It's especially incredible that these noises are being made by someone
with zero published extensions who thus cannot possibly be familiar with
the process - and this has been more than adequately demonstrated by the
mismanagement so far.