S/Mime usage

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Wed Oct 9 16:55:44 UTC 2019

On 09.10.19 09:19, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> On 10/8/19 8:28 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>> TLDR; If any of you here will be at the Singapore IETF, we need to talk.
>
> I know mozillamessaging never did. and this raises another question : Is
> Thunderbird represented in any internet standard orgs ?

Physically participating at IETF meetings is time and resource
intensive. Paying for flight, hotel, the expensive IETF meeting fee, and
probably not being able to get other work done for about a week, three
times a year, seems like a significant investment to me. If one
implements technology, but doesn't actively define new standards, how
can such participation be justified?

Kai