Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Graeme musiquegraeme at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:22:29 UTC 2019

I managed to make my addon work with MailExtension Experiments which was largely using the
bootstrapped version and turning the bits I needed into experiment APIs.

But this email and others I have read tell me that I'm going to have to eventually move
into a MailExtensions addon and I really don't know that there is anything that I've seen
that goes beyond a Hello World example. I looked at a number of pages mentioned on these
emails and found all the broken or non existant links. I found the list of APIs that looks
impressive but I don't think is any longer in the area of composition than it was months
ago. I'm sure they are very helpful for those who understand them but, for me, they may as
well be in Chinese.

What I'd really like is a number of working addons that I can look at and get ideas from.

I looked at the Addons that are available and was *very* surprised to see how many of the
*featured *addons are still legacy. They require restart. I wish there was a place or a
list of the working MailExtension Addons.

I realise that all the people who know what they are doing are *very* busy maintaining
legacy addons and keeping up with Firefox changes etc. I hope that once legacy addons are
dropped there will be more time for documentation that can help those of us that have
survived as MailExtension Experiments.

Blessings
Graeme