Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Sun Oct 6 11:34:35 UTC 2019

Am 06.10.19 um 04:26 Uhr schrieb Wayne Mery:
> Did you test any of these issues?

No, Wayne, I didn't because I usually wait with such major upgrades
until there are no more bug reports, and I could not find any
confirmation so far which said that the new version of the add-on works
as it did before. I've been following Github, this mailinglist and the
German TB newsgroup in de.* for weeks.

But I am glad to say that you are right. I did a backup of both the
binaries and my profile folder and tested the new version of Manually
sort folders from ATN, and indeed it does work alright for me.

So, thank you for inviting me to a test at this time.

However, I am running TB 68.1.1 on macOS 10.13.6, and I realise that TB
now needs up to 500 MB of RAM (some 300 when typing this mail, up to 500
when I also start chat and newsgroups) which looks way too much compared
to earlier versions. I would very much appreciate if you please could
look into this. It used to be some 150 to 200 MB of RAM.

And, of course, again I would like to say that sorting accounts and
folders freely should please become a part or TB core.

BTW, I like the feel of TB 68 on the Mac. Everything seems to run more
smoothly, and it feels good that Thunderbird settings look more like a
recent Firefox now. Thanks for that!

Regards,
Jürgen.