Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Sat Oct 5 18:53:52 UTC 2019

On 05-10-2019 18:26, Onno Ekker wrote:
> And do you think SeaMonkey will follow suit(e)?

SeaMonkey isn't ... doing very well. It's not been possible to actually
start up the UI since around February 2018. As you can understand,
that's game over.

> I mean, they share your infrastructure, so they can't keep using
> addons.thunderbird.net.
>
> And maybe there will ever be a SeaMonkey 2.57 or SeaMonkey 2.65, which
> will hopefully support the same add-ons as Thunderbird 60 and 68 does.
> But they can also stay on 2.49 and keep backporting security patches,
> but then they must probably do the same for a future
> addons.seamonkey-project.org or something like that...

Keep? They haven't been able to release something even based on the 60
ESR code yet. When the 60 series reaches end of life in 2-3 weeks, they
are 2 full ESR cycles after away from releasing anything without
security holes.

  -Magnus