Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Will will at impamark.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 14:14:41 UTC 2019

On 04/10/19 01:22, Geoff Lankow wrote:

> DL itself hasn't been updated for over two years, so it's not just
> your extension that's not had any maintenance. Looked into WebDAV?

The author of DL posted on their list:

"I'm still supporting the DL server though, the command line client as
well as the "wx" windows GUI. I'm lagging in terms of available time,
but I'm actively using DL for a variety of reasons, so that's not going
away."

He has confirmed that to us privately as well. We had been intending to
assist in the core code as well... but currently fence sitting on that.

Latest commit a47ff1d
<https://github.com/DownloadTicketService/dl/commit/a47ff1dd8124a87575188a5dd86889a16ea4f9e0>
on 11 Jul - not that it was anything particularly important, but.

In any event, we have not had any issue with it and we don't see any
major Issues logged there.

However, that is all irrelevant to the conversation.

We choose to use DL. It works for both sending attachments to other
people, and for sending grants to other people to send us files and a
few other handy features.

It is designed for the job, and It just works.

The bit that doesn't is the plugin.

B. Rgds