Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Óvári ovari123 at zoho.com
Wed Oct 2 23:36:22 UTC 2019

Hi Jörg,

Is "DL FileLink Provider for Thunderbird" one add-on that is so important and not updated since TB 52?

*DL FileLink Provider for Thunderbird*
https://addons.thunderbird.net/addon/dl-for-thunderbird/
https://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/dl/thunderbird.html

This add-on is required for Thunderbird users who are in the EU due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
https://gdpr-info.eu/

It is understood that third-party FileLink add-on providers like Box, Dropbox can not be used without breaking the GDPR.

https://github.com/DownloadTicketService/dl/issues/74

https://github.com/DownloadTicketService/dl/issues/74#issuecomment-505949140

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3051338

What is the way forward to enable the "DL FileLink Provider for Thunderbird" add-on be updated for Thunderbird 68?

Thank you

Óvári

P.S. Should other add-ons to be highlighted?