New Thunderbird Website

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Tue Nov 26 22:59:53 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-26 2:53 p.m., Andrei Hajdukewycz wrote:
>> Under "Secure & Private" the "such as built-in Do Not Track and remote
>> content blocking" seems odd to me as those seem like browser features
>> rather than email.  (Unless I'm missing something.)  So maybe just say
>> "Multiple features work together to ensure your safety and privacy, so
>> you can have peace of mind."?
> Technically we do support Do Not Track(which is a questionable feature
> overall imo regardless of app..) and yeah, remote content blocking is
> relevant to us(saw your followup email). I'm just going to leave this
> one alone.

hehehe.. doesn't DoH (DNS over HTTPS) give the ability to track? Kind of
incongruous don't you think?

Sorry, not to distract from the great work being done on the site.. Just
that this is on the top of mind lately..  and of course in the press a
bit now about it 'sliding' out in browsers..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."