New Thunderbird Website

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Tue Nov 26 22:53:55 UTC 2019

On 11/22/2019 11:45 AM, Paul Morris wrote:
> The new site is looking great!  Here's some feedback on the text on
> the home page.  --Paul
>

> The two "!"s in "Make Email Easier!" and "loaded with great features!"
> at the top seems like a little much.  I'd say drop the one from "Make
> Email Easier".
I agree, I've used a period instead of an !. I tried it with no
punctuation, and I think it looks more complete with the period.

> Under "Secure & Private" the "such as built-in Do Not Track and remote
> content blocking" seems odd to me as those seem like browser features
> rather than email.  (Unless I'm missing something.)  So maybe just say
> "Multiple features work together to ensure your safety and privacy, so
> you can have peace of mind."?
Technically we do support Do Not Track(which is a questionable feature
overall imo regardless of app..) and yeah, remote content blocking is
relevant to us(saw your followup email). I'm just going to leave this
one alone.

> Under "Fully Customizable" where it says "With Extensions, Themes, and
> many more features", it might be better to say "Add-ons (Extensions,
> Themes), and many more features", to get "add-ons" in there (since
> it's in the main nav menu of the site), to help avoid confusion with
> add-ons, extensions, and themes.
Agreed, changed this but corrected punctuation(oxford comma is only a
thing with 3 or more items).

> Under "Thunderbird is funded by users like you" the "you" is wrapping
> to the next line, so maybe could just shorten to "FUNDED BY USERS LIKE
> YOU".

As far as I can tell, this only happens at relatively narrow viewport
widths, and it's honestly best not to think too much about text wrapping
on responsive, localized websites. Every language is going to have
different wrapping anyway. If Alessandro feels like fiddling with this
he's welcome to, but I don't think it's worth it.

Thanks for the feedback!