[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2019-10-24

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Tue Nov 12 07:49:48 UTC 2019

Hey Patrick,

I am glad you ask, it is actually fairly easy to get started on this. The quickest way would be to start this out as a web extension experiment. You can just write your API together with some code that is using it and if you make a mistake you can quickly reload to using about:debugging.

Once you are happy it just takes a little bit of changing the boiler plate to make it ready for comm-central. Writing tests depends on the API but there are some good test examples in our code. They can be xpcshell if possible (preferred) or mochtests if necessary.

I think everything aside from the tests is documented, maybe you can check out developer.thunderbird.net and share your experience.

Philipp