AW: Re: UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.3

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon May 13 17:16:22 UTC 2019

On Sat May 11 2019 07:46:26 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time),
opto at optosolar.com <opto at optosolar.com> wrote:
> one of the 'fringe' cases not mentioned yet is when the mailserver
> sits behind an dynamic ip (e.g. hmailserver on a local Win PC).
> (This may happen quite often if TB users don't trust to store their
> imap mails in the cloud.)
>
> In that case (dynamic ip), it cannot send smtp because that would be
> automatically interpreted as spam by everybody.
>
> So there will be the imap server with one account setting, and
> outgoing the smtp server of the user at an internet provider with
> another account setting.

Ok, this comment made me step back and realize I need to re-evaluate the
whole idea of 'Use same credentials for sending'.

There is also the very useful concept of Identities that comes into play
here, and I had forgotten that we had used this a lot and found it very
flexible many years ago (before our migration to Office 365) when we
were making extensive use of the ability tp have multiple Identities for
a single account.

So, while I still firmly believe we need the concept of 'Use same
credentials for sending', it likely won't be nearly as simple as I have
been thinking in my recent comments...