UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.3

Disaster Master disasterlistmanager at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:05:12 UTC 2019

On Sat May 11 2019 00:29:32 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Ben
Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com> wrote:
> * In your new first dialog "set up existing" / "get new address" /
> "calendar" / movemail etc., in the "..." menu button that you already
> added, add a option "Advanced email configuration". If clicked, you get
> a new dialog (which doesn't exist yet), which has the above input
> fields, and *no* checks (other than basic syntax validation), no
> hand-holding at all. Very dumb, silly dialog with just a bunch of text
> fields. Click "Create" and you end up in the "Account settings" dialog
> for further detail settings.
>
> The 2. option is my prefered option.

Actually, after re-reading this thread in its entirety, I like this
idea, but with two important changes...

1. Make it a single toggleable dialog - something you can switch back
and forth between, not something that you can't back out of once an
'Advanced' button is clicked - I'd suggest two Tabs at the top.

This is basically what I've already been asking for, I just think it is
important not to 'dump' someone into a brand new separate dialog that
they may end up not wanting to use, and having to start over again from
scratch.

Then...

2. Change the names of the two different modes.

I've been referring to them as 'Basic and Advanced', but for this, I
think 'Automatic' and 'Manual' is much more appropriate.

So, instead of buttons, make them two tabs at the top (Automatic on the
left, Manual on the right), where only the 'Manual' tab/mode has a
button allowing the user to save a non-functional/incomplete configuration.