Thunderbird 68, Windows, 32-bit and 64-bit

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Fri May 10 08:52:46 UTC 2019

On 10 May 2019 10:14, Magnus Melin wrote:
> I don't see any possibility to go 32-bit only. Given 64-bit is only
> available since around 2 months (and beta only), it seems too soon to
> make it default. It's something to consider, but I believe it also
> needs some technical work for migrating existing users.

As mentioned before, there's also one remaining issue at least:

Bug 1509918 - "use thunderbird as default client" prompt on every
startup on Windows 7 using TB 64bit
That about registering TB as default mail client in Windows.

Bug 1517955 - "MailTo: doesn't work – Thunderbird x64 no standard
program choice" may be a duplicate.

Jörg.