UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.2

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed May 8 14:49:09 UTC 2019

Tanstaafl wrote on 06.05.19 15:46:
> Why make me enter a username/password twice? It makes zero sense.

We don't.

When you start the Manual Config mode, and you change the username for
the incoming server, the username for the outgoing server changes as
well. The content is automatically copied. This is due to this exact
reason that you mentioned, that for 99% of the users, they are identical.

We added separate fields, because there are small minority of users on
strangely and user-unfriendly administered servers who need a different
username for IMAP and SMTP.

We did *not* add a checkbox option, because it would have added extra
clutter and mental burden. Having all the fields identical between IMAP
and SMTP makes it simpler and faster to understand mentally.

This dialog was very deeply thought out, with a lot of feedback from
many parties.

Ben