UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.2

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue May 7 13:10:56 UTC 2019

On Tue May 07 2019 08:39:29 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time),
ISHIKAWA,chiaki <ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp> wrote:
> On 2019/05/06 22:46, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> Why make me enter a username/password twice? It makes zero sense.

> There are situations, well, at least in my case, I need to use a
> SMTP service of one provider and POP3 in a different domain. So
> naturally, I use different IDs and different passwords.
>
> (I don't want to discuss WHY this being so. It was due to a series of
> factors that were thrown upon me and I had no choice.)

No worries, and I did say that using the same credentials is only 99.9%
of the time. Yours is obviously a very special case.

> So being able to specify the two IDs and different passwords help.

Sure, which is why I'm only asking for an option, that in my opinion
should be enabled by default.

> At the same time, I certainly understand that majority of users will be
> happy to type in ID/PW once.
But it is definitely more than just a simple majority - I would use the
term 'vast majority'.