UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.2

ISHIKAWA,chiaki ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp
Tue May 7 12:39:29 UTC 2019

On 2019/05/06 22:46, Tanstaafl wrote:
> I agree, and this is a perfect example of why it is so important for
> Thunderbird to join the modern age, and allow a real 'Use same
> username/pw for both receiving and sending emails' option.
I agree. We should have such an option.
> Why make me enter a username/password twice? It makes zero sense.

There are situations, well, at least in my case, I need to use a SMTP
service of one provider and
POP3 in a different domain.
So naturally, I use different IDs and different passwords.

(I don't want to discuss WHY this being so. It was due to a series of
factors that were thrown upon me and I had no choice.)

So being able to specify the two IDs and different passwords help.
At the same time, I certainly understand that majority of users will be
happy to type in ID/PW once.

Chiaki