? "Set Up an Existing Account" ? -- Re: UI mock-up - Account Setup Rev.2

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat May 4 11:34:57 UTC 2019

Mike Ramey wrote on 02.05.19 22:16:
> I'm bothered by the phrase "Set Up an Existing Account".  Why? Because
> you're NOT 'setting up an existing account'.  The existing *_email_*
> account is _already_ 'set up' and (I assume) correctly configured.

You're thinking from the perspective of Thunderbird. Think from the
perspective of the end user. Then it makes sense. "Set up" makes clear
that it's new for Thunderbird "existing" makes clear that the email
address is not new.

"Use" = already configured here

"setup" = already exists in the world, but not yet known here in Thunderbird

"register" / "create" = create a new email address