UI mock-up - Account Setup

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at signal100.com
Thu May 2 05:08:39 UTC 2019

On 02/05/2019 02:18, Matt Harris wrote:
> Just my 2cents worth.
>
> Account setup is not necessarily what folks want to do on first
> startup and we should be acknowledging that;
[... rest of message clipped for space ...]

All those seems like good ideas to me.

I also recognise that this would be a far more major overhaul than is
intended at present and it can make sense to make major changes one step
at a time. Nevertheless, there is (eventually) more that Thunderbird
could do to welcome non-expert users.

> it needs more "actions" other than setup an account, either that or a
> big exit button, which should probably be included anyway.  No one
> likes to feel trapped in a screen flow. Especially if they work out it
> is not going where they want to go.

Exactly so (especially so in the context of my other comments in this
thread about not always needing an email account at all). :-)

(And to be clear I like the proposed changes too. It's just that it
seems to me that there is yet more needed to bring TB up to date with
user expectations of ostensible simplicity with capability available and
revealed as needed).

--
Mark Rousell