UI mock-up - Account Setup

Alessandro Castellani alessandro at thunderbird.net
Wed May 1 16:55:05 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-01 3:21 a.m., Axel Grude wrote:

> could you add a breadcrumb link trail at the top / bottom just to see
> what it feels like?

I don't think that would be a good idea.

Other than cramping the dialog with extra clickable links, a breadcrumb
doesn't really make sense in this context as the entire funnel is a 3
steps total workflow, with the input fields always visible. Users don't
really need to go back to change anything, other than selecting another
funnel (set up calendar, rss, etc). The back button can handle history
without the necessity of a breadcrumb.

> Also, is the setup dialog planned to go "full screen" within the
> Thunderbird client window, or is that too much?

Better keep this as a dialog as it helps maintaining the focus on a
small area and prevents overwhelming feelings. Putting this in full
screen can bring in many problematic in terms of empty space, alignment,
and focal points.

A series of updated mock-ups will come later today.
Thank you all for your outstanding involvement in the process!

Cheers

--
*Alessandro Castellani*
Lead UX Architect