time display

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Mar 20 14:14:27 UTC 2019

This was a misguided choice by a Firefox developer. He made the time and
date display follow your Thunderbird UI language instead of your system
regional settings like before.

In your settings, you have a choice whether to use the UI language or
the OS locale for time display. Please check there. The exact result
will also depend on your OS.

FWIW, even with that set to OS locale, Firefox and Thunderbird will
still not honor the exact OS regional settings anymore, but merely the
locale. For example, if you set your OS regional settings to use
"2019-03-12" format, then older TB would use that format, while newer
Firefox and Thunderbird will ignore the exact configuration and just use
the standard format for the OS language (e.g. "12.03.2019" for German)
or TB language (e.g. "03/12/2019" for en-US).