Add-on review times at ATN

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:36:34 UTC 2019

As a reviewer I'm always hesitant about reviewing a cloned add-on that
fixes compatibility issues. There's a pletora of add-ons in the queue like
...2, ...Improved, ......Continued, ...Updated,
Some of the original add-ons have been updated, so the clone isn't needed
anymore.
In other cases the clone might be needed/ or useful, but it would be better
if the new add-on author would have contacted the original one and see if
he could also get access to the add-on on ATN.
In this way, the add-on users don't have to go searching ATN for
alternatives.
I know there's been a recent discussion about this on Maildev with title
"Addons no longer maintained.", but the outcome of that discussion was
unclear to me.
It would help me very much if we could find a solution for these add-ons,
not only for the reviewers, but much more for the end-users.

Onno