Add-on review times at ATN

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Sat Mar 16 13:09:08 UTC 2019

Hi friends of Thunderbird,

looking at the review queues at ATN, I can see waiting times of 193 days
in the "regular" queue and 195 days in the "admin" queue. Note that
admin reviews can only be done by a reviewer under an NDA
(non-disclosure agreement) since the reviewer might get access to
3rd-party source code. So Philipp was our only reviewer for a while. Has
someone else been organised in the meantime? Volunteers?

The waiting time may be misleading since in some cases the reviewers
asked questions that the add-on author hasn't replied to, so the review
process is stalled. Even if delay of half a year may be an exception,
there are still some add-ons which have waited one or two months. It
doesn't look like a rosy situation over all. So what's the way forward here?

Jörg.