Home Page Lo-Fi Wireframes: It's content time!

Alessandro Castellani alessandro at thunderbird.net
Wed Mar 13 18:34:53 UTC 2019

Hey guys, thank you so much for your comment and your passion regarding
the Add-ons,
but I'd appreciate if we could all stay on-topic and focus on the
purpose of the email thread.

Let's leave the add-on stuff for a dedicated TB bug or when we'll tackle
that page.

For now, let's focus on the Home Page content.

Thanks

On 2019-03-13 10:29 a.m., Qwerty Chouskie wrote:
>>> I think Matt's main point is that for the vast majority of users
>>> (which does not include power users), the web version of AMO causes
>>> real problems, and it is far preferable that they use the in-product
>>> interface to AMO.  That of course requires that there is great
>>> functionality in the interface.
>>>

>> Matt point is that he would remove browser access to AMO which is in
>> my opinion very bad move.
>> I agree it's not intuitive to install TB addon via browser, it sucks,
>> and nobody should do it that way. But I can't remember single addon I
>> discovered via Thunderbird UI, not one.
>> It was always Google and/or AMO search, then refining that into 1 - 3
>> addons that I think come close to what I want, then install each via
>> Thunderbird interface, test and delete those that didn't satisfy my
>> needs.
> Maybe have the Install button say e.g. "Install in Thunderbird", and
> point to the URL 'thunderbird://addons/install/<addonname>', kinda like
> how you can click an 'apt://' link in FF on Ubuntu and it will open the
> Software Center.
>> And on the bad since, all SEO gathered from addons will be lost.
>>
>> Mihovil
*Alessandro Castellani*
Lead UX Architect
Thunderbird