Home Page Lo-Fi Wireframes: It's content time!

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:56:16 UTC 2019

On 13-Mar-19 8:28 AM, alex wrote:
> Hello wonderful people,
>
> Let's start moving forward with the refresh of the Thunderbird website!

/Please make the top menu sticky

I hope never to have to deal again with an abortion of a layout as has
been used in Support.mozilla.org where the search box only appears in
the header when you scroll far enough down that the secondary
header/menu appears.  Truly poor design..They got a new logo,  but did
not fix the obvious rubbsh values on the web site. Please don't let us
fall into the same trap.

I would ideally like to see the website emphasise email.  That is
supposed to be our strength.  Nothing gets folk going than a new version
with a bug in email either new of long standing and a new chat feature.
Many of your users would like us to remove chat entirely.

Contact us also needs to be very carefully structured.  Any phone number
at all will get support calls, any email address will get support emails
asking for the support phone number.  Americans apparently think phone
support is a right.

Do we really want folks searching add-ons in a browser?  while it might
be good for Firefox where the browser is the destination, we really
don't want to show them the add-ons that only work for V2 of the product
and will not install in their version.  That is just poor public
relations.  Add-on perhaps should be a "feature" and describe hot to
locate/ search them in the product, not a menu item at all.

Matt
/