Judging by the website, the project is nearly dead. That's not right...

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 02:52:26 UTC 2019

Just right now I think a who is actually working on Thunderbird might be
a good bit of information.  There are now about the same number of
employees as there are council members.  Who do we contact about what?
What are they doing?

Does Thunderbird have developers working on the lack of features. Things
like 2FA authentication ALA Outlook.  Windows people app integration.
Categorisation of accounts (work home etc) address book list in the main
pane that provides a one click access to mails from the contact or some
oldie but goodies, real tabs, full calendar integration, latest card_dav
support for import and export, provide a profile import and export and
ActiveSync support for mail and calendars.

We heard a lot about Thunderbird NEXT some time ago,  so are we doing a
rewrite? Either wholesale or component by component.  What is the road
map for that process?

Are we going to stick with the term web extension to describe
Thunderbird extensions or are we going to rebrand it something relevant
like mail extensions as it should have far more "local" access that web
extensions do if it is going to be a strong and useful API.  Retaining
the term web extensions also lead new developers that have web
extensions experience to think they know the environment.  They will not.

Thunderbird is moving forward, and I am seeing a lot of positive moves.
But where we are going appears to be a very closely guarded path.

Matt