Judging by the website, the project is nearly dead. That's not right...

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Fri Mar 1 17:39:55 UTC 2019

Motivation:
So, someone just asked on the elections list for our council's current
composition, and what we are able to give is just this:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird#Thunderbird_Council
which doesn't cut it.

If I visit https://www.thunderbird.net/ , I should be able to readily
access information about the organizational infrastructure behind
Thunderbird, including information about the Thunderbird council, its
its role, its composition, its members background - as a minimum. But -
this information is not accessible nor does it seem to exist, i.e. I
can't find a page about that anywhere.

In fact, if I click the small "about" link, what I get is the Mozilla
Foundation:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/

whose navigation bar / menus will essentially tell me Thunderbird
doesn't exist and there's only Firefox.

If I go back to our website, I don't see what would be telling me "Hey,
I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!" (Monty Python reference there,
sorry.)

If click the twitter user link:
https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=mozthunderbird
I see few tweets and their nature also hints at us being sort of near death.

Just saying,
Eyal

PS - It's not that the website is not reasonably-nicely-designed.