Thunderbird 68.0b1 is available

Thomas Ludwig t3000+thunderbird at mailbox.org
Thu Jun 27 10:38:27 UTC 2019

Thanks for this update. I tested it with the newest version of uBlock
Origin. It works reliably with my RSS feeds. However, I noticed that if
I allow remote content in mails, no network requests are filtered by uBO.

Is this the intended behavior? Or more precisely: uBO uses the
webRequest API. Does this mean that that API is not used for mails but
only in "browser-like contexts" like RSS feeds?

I'm asking this as in older Thunderbird versions uBO (the legacy
version) was able to filter network requests in mails. A clarification
would be great before contacting gorhill.

Regards,

Thomas