Theme Migration for Thunderbird 68

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Wed Jul 24 04:26:20 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-21 5:27 p.m., Geoff Lankow wrote:
> I don't really have much to add. "applications" isn't deprecated and I
> can't see it being removed soon as it would kill any extension that
> hasn't been updated.
>
> How hard would it be to have ATN support "browser_specific_settings",
> Andrei? If it's the only way mentioned on MDN that's going to cause
> confusion, since we defer to MDN for non-Thunderbird-specific stuff.
It's not difficult, the patch that adds it is here:
https://github.com/mozilla/addons-server/commit/e42f94cf6a9ad12ebc9d9ebb563e5b945a296fa8

I'm hoping that I can merge upstream updates to at least January or
February 2019 sometime in the next few months. I'm not sure how far we
can go, but we certainly should be able to get past November. Of course
we can always cherry pick/backport patches, but, I'd rather avoid that
as much as possible until we are really stuck and sure we can never pull
the whole branch from upstream again.