Why don't we just turn off MOZ_BLOCK_PROFILE_DOWNGRADE?

Geoff Lankow geoff at thunderbird.net
Fri Jul 5 03:29:55 UTC 2019

You, and a lot of others here are missing something: *downgrading to
version 60 is not being prevented* any more than it has been in earlier
versions. The warning message in question only applies to downgrades
from future versions that do not exist yet, to version 68 or later.

Future versions may very well irrevocably change things in a user's
profile which will render it broken in current versions. We /should/
really be talking about making sure a user knows this /before/
upgrading, and can make an informed decision then. However, what's in
front of us right now is a warning message that we have because it was
added to Firefox, and this discussion is what to do about it.

GL