Why don't we just turn off MOZ_BLOCK_PROFILE_DOWNGRADE?

John Bieling john.bieling at gmx.de
Thu Jul 4 18:03:20 UTC 2019

I really think TB should automatically backup a user profile, when it
gets access by a higher major version number for the first time. So in
the current situation, after the user updated to TB68.

If the user later returns to TB60, he will get the error message about
not being able to access his profile (as it was modified by TB68) and
instead of suggesting to create a new profile, just allow him to switch
to the backuped version of his TB60 profile.

John