Why don't we just turn off MOZ_BLOCK_PROFILE_DOWNGRADE?

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Jul 4 00:59:35 UTC 2019

Mark Banner wrote on 02.07.19 13:31:
> was once basically "downgrades are nice but not really supported" is
> now a definite "downgrades are not supported"

FWIW, downgrades have always works. I've moved between versions of
Firefox since decades. I've never ever had any notable corruption
(modulo very very rare bugs like bug 1530660 which were then fixed).

This is definitely new and very inconvenient for development, of which
testing (also with real data and old time-battered profiles) is an
integral part.

Ben