Why don't we just turn off MOZ_BLOCK_PROFILE_DOWNGRADE?

opto@optosolar.com opto at optosolar.com
Tue Jul 2 20:18:51 UTC 2019

profile A (set to upgrade manually) will be upgraded automatically (!) after profile B is started (if this is set to automatic upgrade).

At least for 52 -> 60, upgrade was not per profile, but was done for all Windows users on my PC, so assumedly for the full installation.

In such a case, where the production TB might be accidentally upgraded, it helps to either allow downgrading or have a guide how to downgrade somewhere.

I think the scenario can happen to anybody having a profile for production and another for bug triaging or similiar or using TB for several Windows users.

In my opinion, the setting for automatic/manual/no upgrade should be global to the TB installation, so that there cannot be interaction between profiles.