Lightning with recent versions

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:45:50 UTC 2019

On 24-Jan-19 2:21 AM, Jacques Angevelle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From a user's point of vue, Lightning seems not to be integrated but
> at the most bundled if you are a Win user's. If you try to install TB
> in a standard way from Ubuntu, you have only the core part of TB and
> it is really difficult to find Lightning (Mozilla shows only old
> versions). Should be fine if Lightning could be easily found using
> standard extension search (http://addons.thunderbird.net). The answer
> is " /Ce module est incompatible avec votre version de Thunderbird. "
> => " This extension isn't compatible with your TB version"/
>
> Jacques (I hope my English is understandable)
/That appears to be a decision made by Ubuntu.  I assume they "make"
their own distribution without the bundled Lightning, because what comes
from their repository does not include Lighting.  They also have
Lightning in their repository, if you know to search for it.  If you
think it is a poor idea,  perhaps you might want to address that with
repository maintainers of your distribution.

Matt
/