TB65 & legacy Addon Reminderfox -- EOL

John Bieling john.bieling at gmx.de
Mon Jan 21 11:32:22 UTC 2019

Hello everybody,

The only WebExtension I know is owl, maybe one can look at that?

As for the UI part, is the no longer working xul overlaying the main problem?

When I converted TbSync from legacy to bootstrapped, I did not want to convert all my xul overlays to JavaScript overlays so I created my own OverlayManager which does the conversion for me (on the fly). It is not perfect and cannot overlay everything, but made the transition from legacy to bootstrapped not so painful and I could continue to use most of my xul files.

I have not started to work on WebExtension, because so much is still changing, but the principal should be the same. I do not know, if my OverlayManager could be useful to others.

Does anyone know what the future of „backported“ overlay support for legacy addons in TB64? Can we somehow continue to use it from WebExtension?

John