Counting number of users while preserving privacy

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:49:46 UTC 2019

On 19-Jan-19 3:55 AM, Axel Grude wrote:

> Garrafrauns, 18/Jan/2019 17:22
>
> Oooh  - I didn't see there was a menu "by Add-on Status" - I guess it
> would have been helpful to completely hide the "disabled" data in the
> other graphs. There is really no good way to get the users back (a
> disabled Add-on cannot notify you about it's new features to convince
> you to enable it again, so it pretty much useless for my metrics) :-)

My experience with TB60 Beta was that add-on's that had been disabled
for years re-enabled as new V60 versions became available. So perhaps
disabled is not a fatal as you suggest.  While I did not like this
automatic reappearance,  a "there is a new version of XXX available"
dialog would have been nice.  I did not like it because I install loads
of add-ons for support issues and generally just disable them when the
support topic is done.  Other might have different views on the
automatic re-enabling.

/Matt/