Don't be alarmed about new crash signatures - Top Crashers for Thunderbird 60.4.0

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri Jan 4 14:06:26 UTC 2019

Topcrash reports [1] now have several signatures identified as "new",
dated 2019, in the "First Appearance" column.  But this is the result of
ntdll.dll being added in prefix list (bug 1515487), not because we have
more/new crashes.  And this change has been backfilled to crashes one
month old and newer, so recent crash reports are also categorized with a
new signature.

For example, instead of shutdownhang | ntdll.dll at 0x21f5d  (bug 1509519)
we now have one or more signatures like  shutdownhang | ntdll.dll |
arena_t::GetNonFullBinRun | nsThread::Shutdown | nsThreadManager::Shutdown

In the coming weeks, will need to put the new crash signatures in the
bug reports.

[1]
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Thunderbird&version=60.4.0
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Thunderbird&version=65.0b0