Upcoming changes to Thunderbird's tests

ISHIKAWA,chiaki ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp
Wed Dec 25 02:55:53 UTC 2019

Hi, I updated the local source last night, built TB overnight,
and tried to run the test locally.

But I noticed the following test failures. How can I run test(s) locally
now.

(1) make mozmill target(s) gone?

 From a local log: I am running test from my local script that has run
for a few years...

MAKEARGS="${MOZMILL} ${MOZMILLONCE} $*"

echo "make $MAKEARGS"
make mozmill

time make ${MAKEARGS}
make: *** No rule to make target 'mozmill'.  Stop.

Ditto for |mozmill-one|?

Question: Has |make mozmill| test been completely removed?

(2) make mochitest does not run.

I tried to run |make mochitest|, but there was this failure.

The details of the failure are as follows:

ValueError: distribution.ini appears multiple times in a test manifest
under a support-files field, please omit the duplicate entry.

   File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/testing/mochitest/mach_commands.py",
line 349, in run_mochitest_general
     driver.install_tests(tests)
   File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/controller/building.py",
line 1385, in install_tests
     '_tests', test_objs)
   File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/testing.py",
line 269, in install_test_files
     manifest = _make_install_manifest(topsrcdir, topobjdir, test_objs)
   File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/testing.py",
line 246, in _make_install_manifest
     out_dir)
   File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/testing.py",
line 140, in convert_support_files
     " please omit the duplicate entry." % (pattern, field))

(3) mach mochitest pathname does not work??

(3) Specifying path to mochitest does not work either.

Error was:

The mochitest command could not find any mochitests under the following
test path(s):

/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/comm/mail/test/browser/composition/browser_imageInsertionDialog.js

Please check spelling and make sure there are mochitests living there.

Well, but the file is there...

ishikawa at ip030:/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla$ ls -l
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/comm/mail/test/browser/composition/browser_imageInsertionDialog.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 ishikawa ishikawa 4596 Dec 15 09:03
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/comm/mail/test/browser/composition/browser_imageInsertionDialog.js

If I tried relative path name both to |mozilla| or |comm|, the test
failed without finding the source file. (You can try...)

Question: Any tips to run test(s) locally appreciated.

TIA

Chiaki

PS: BTW: |make test ...| said this.

/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/mach --log-no-times test
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/comm/mail/test/browser/composition/browser_imageInsertionDialog.js
kind=None
environ.get('TERM', 'unknown')=xterm-256color
environ.get('TERM', 'linux')=xterm-256color
UNKNOWN TEST:
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/comm/mail/test/browser/composition/browser_imageInsertionDialog.js
I was unable to find tests from the given argument(s).

You should specify a test directory, filename, test suite name, or
abbreviation. If no arguments are given, there must be local file
changes and corresponding IMPACTED_TESTS annotations in moz.build
files relevant to those files.

It's possible my little brain doesn't know about the type of test you are
trying to execute. If you suspect this, please request support by filing
a bug at
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Testing&component=General.