When is the new Thunderbird website planned to be live?

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Wed Dec 11 22:47:39 UTC 2019

On 12/11/2019 11:08 AM, Óvári wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please advise when the new Thunderbird website is planned to
> be live?
>
> It was understood that December 11th was the date.
I didn't say the website would be live on Dec 11th. What I said was:

"*Depends on localizer translation speed, any other bugs being fixed
like **#151
<https://github.com/thundernest/thunderbird-website/issues/151>**and 68
update coordination timing, but it should be ready in or around the week
of December 11th.*"

Localizer speed was a guess, I guessed 2 weeks, but it turns out I was
wrong: Significant parts of the front page aren't translated in French,
Japanese, Russian, and Polish, which are all very high user languages
for us. Localizers have been faster before, but they are volunteers, and
this is a larger block of untranslated text than we have put out in a
very long time. Thunderbird also isn't a high priority in Pontoon.

I sent out a message on mozilla.dev.l10n with the hopes that some might
notice this. I see some progress happening on French and Japanese, which
are the biggest groups of users outside German and English. If at least
the top of the front page is translated by next week for those two
languages, we can go live then. Many other languages have been
translated, so that also helps.