Thunderbird and OpenPGP - Autocrypt

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Dec 5 16:53:22 UTC 2019

On 05.12.19 12:37, Kai Engert wrote:
> we'd like to
> assist the user in protecting themselves against active adversaries. We
> will not follow the recommendation to automatically replace keys.
> Rather, we intend to inform the user about key change events, and
> encourage the user to verify the keys used by their communication partners.

Very good! This is crucial.

Maybe I missed it. It seems implicit, but I haven't read it explicitly:

Will we use key for communications partners that send me plain text
emails with a key, and I do not know a key for that person yet? Will
encryption then happen automatically for my answer, and use that key
from now now?