Automatically fixing addons for new Thunderbird versions

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Sat Aug 31 20:07:34 UTC 2019

So, there is a thing in ATN that will determine which add-ons are affected by an issue and inform those developers. You may remember the "your add-on is compatible with Firefox NN" emails.

Setting up these compatibility reports was fairly involved, but if someone wants to put in the effort then that would solve the notification case.

As for automatically rewriting add-ons, I don't think this is a good idea. I believe this discussion has come up before?

Philipp