Automatically fixing addons for new Thunderbird versions (was: Re: Donations for the Provider for Google Calendar ...)

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Thu Aug 29 14:44:24 UTC 2019

On 29 Aug 2019 15:27, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> If there are mechanical, scripted or very simple ride-alone changes
> that are applied to the whole code tree, then I think it would be good
> for the TB project to apply these to the addons as well.

Sadly that's wishful thinking.

A small fraction if those "bustage" fixes are s/xxx/yyy/. And even that
we don't know that we're not hitting AAxxxBB.

Most changes are much more involved. M-C is removing interfaces, turning
sync calls into async calls.

Take a look at https://developer.thunderbird.net/add-ons/updates/tb68 to
see how unfeasible this suggestion is.

Jörg.