Ryan Sipes ryan at thunderbird.net
Mon Aug 26 22:46:45 UTC 2019

Thank you for lowering the temperature Jorg. Many of us Thunderbirders
understand that you are passionate about the project and, as has been
raised in the Council, we will discuss this in regards to any add-ons
that we help maintain. Then we will make a decision about how to move
forward on these types of issues in the future. If anyone has
constructive feedback for the Council on this matter, please let us know.

As for general tone on this thread and across the project, there have
been some contentious arguments lately. We have to find ways to work
together in a cohesive way and show respect to one another. We have made
so much progress over the past two years. The Thunderbird project is
much healthier than when I began contributing. I see the groundwork that
was laid in 68 for future releases and it is extraordinary, and makes me
excited for what we can accomplish over the course of this next year.
Donations are up an incredible amount, we have a ton of users, and
people are energized about Thunderbird again.

With the upcoming release of our next ESR, version 68, it is time that
we focus on why we're here. Promoting open standards, creating amazing
open source software, and working together to make an excellent
application used across the world. The only way I see us taking a step
back is if we are unable to collaborate in a positive way and maintain
focus on the end goal - which is to create the best email and
productivity tool in the world.

So, let's work together and address our issues - but let's all work to
do it in a constructive manner. I'm committing to ensuring healthy
discourse in the community, I hope that the rest of you will join me in
doing the same.

Ryan Sipes
Community and Business Development Manager
Thunderbird <https://thunderbird.net>