Extension Statistics 8-2-2019

Rob Lemley rob at thunderbird.net
Mon Aug 12 12:37:21 UTC 2019

As a KeePassXC user myself I am also interested in getting some sort of
integration going. I looked at the KeePassXC extension over the weekend,
and found that password handling in Thunderbird is different enough from
Firefox that it won't be an easy update to that extension at least. The
biggest problem is that these aren't web pages that a contentscript can
keep an eye on and look for password fields, we will have to hook into
nsIAuthProvider somehow (similar to HTTPAuth handling). At least I think
that's the way forward. This is new to me. :)

-Rob