Extension Statistics 8-2-2019

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Tue Aug 6 11:36:00 UTC 2019

On 8/6/2019 6:52 AM, Graeme wrote:

> Personally I would hope for the flurry of activity before the ESR,
> that way, I hope, there are fewer broken addons as developers make
> sure, working with the betas, that their addons will work before the
> users know anything - am I wrong?

Are you wrong to hope?  No.

But we cannot force add-on authors to act.  And history repeatedly shows
that only the add-ons with the most active and informed authors are made
compatible during beta and available at the time of ESR release.  That
is a fraction of the add-ons listed on ATN.  So there is never a
blizzard before ESR.

Affecting the needle to have add-ons available sooner is very
challenging.  As a knowledgeable add-on author yourself, perhaps you can
contribute ideas and manpower to help move the needle.