UI mock-up - Account Setup

Mihovil Stanić mihovil at miho.im
Tue Apr 30 10:55:40 UTC 2019

29.04.2019 u 22:52, Tanstaafl je napisao/la:

> My question is about the 'Get a new Email Address' choice. I personally
> have never used this, but the current single choice of a Gandi.net
> address is kind of silly (does Thunderbird get some kind of kickback
> from Gandi?). If you're going to do this, Thunderbird should have the
> ability to assist users in getting a new email address with most of the
> bigger free/public email providers.
>
> I think it should be named 'I don't currently have an email address',
> and clicking it could take them to a page that could assist users in
> getting a new email address with most of the bigger free/public email
> providers.

+1
Remove those providers from Thunderbird app and add link to webpage on
thunderbird.net domain which will have easy how to open email on
free/paid providers which email could be accessed via Thunderbird
(gmail, outlook, polaris, zoho, fastmail...).
Maybe some of those paid mail providers could support Thunderbird in
some way (cash or code). If they are supporting TB, you could place them
in more prominent spot on top.

Page should also be linked from thunderbird.net main page.

Mihovil