Website Design - Bright variation

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 23:50:52 UTC 2019

Garrafrauns, 28/Apr/2019 00:50

> Version 1 appeals to nerds, but version 2 reaches out to
> the general public, even beyond the tech-savvy folks.

I don't really know a white window on white background, does that really shout
"general public"? I am not sure whether that is not bias.

from an aesthetic POV I just like bold stuff that is easy to parse. A white object on
dark backgorund or a dark object on bright background is pretty much the optimum in
attracting the eyes (see button designs). It seems the future aesthetic is all "washed
out" and "outlined" though - my eyes find that much harder to parse.

version 2 reminds me of github and chrome, really do not know whether it is more
"general public" friendly. having "clean sites" that look like snowstorms in Antartica
just the "current paradigm", and will probably be also just another bygone trend in 2
or 3 years time. :)

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,
quickFilters <https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quickfilters/>,