Website Design - Bright variation

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 23:00:39 UTC 2019

I get it,  and I get the heavy feel of one, despite it's familiarity.  I
also sympathise with those that find 2 just too stark.   Could we try a
third,  with an "off white" blue background.

I guess Facebook have spend a lot of time and money on researching the
visuals on their site,  perhaps something like the blue grey under their
"menu" on the left.  A very very similar colour to that used in similar
locations on outlook.com.  his might play havoc with the drop shadows,
but perhaps a gradient that fades from the original blue to the new
background colour could be used to make graphics pop out of the background.

It might be worth looking at using the Thunderbird mark as a largish
water mark in the mid to top left on the home screen to the left of the
download button.
Something like was used in the Monterail theme.  I did not like it for a
folder pane background,  but the idea is modern and classy and might
play well if located correctly on the homepage.

Matt

Matt