Website Design - Bright variation

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Sat Apr 27 19:14:55 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-26 3:15 p.m., alex wrote:

> Hello wonderful people!
>
> Here's a little experiment...
>
> I was looking at the overall design of the home page, while doing some
> UX mock-ups for the application, and I couldn't shake off the feelings
> of "disconnection" and "heaviness".
>
> I decided to apply a new visual style to the content and the flow we
> defined, pushing for a brighter identity, and using only colors
> available from our styleguide.
>
> You can see both design iterations here (use your keyboard arrows to
> move through screen 1 and 2): https://invis.io/7WRQVWSCAUE
> While I like v1, I think the brighter v2 feels more modern, proposing
> an easily digestible and appealing color palette, while pushing a bit
> of brand identity which will be reflected in the actual email client
> (more on that to come).
>
> Keep in mind that this is a simple aesthetic choice, so it all comes
> down to what we like and what we don't, and I'd love to hear your
> thoughts on which direction feels more inline with the Thunderbird
> identity.

/
/We could A/B test and see which gets more people to click on the
Download button ;)

I like the darker background, I generally dislike all the very bright
backgrounds encountered on the web. Darker backgrounds are also easier
on the eyes for me. Yes, I turn on Dark Mode in just about every
software I have with it.
//