Website Design - Bright variation

alex alessandro at thunderbird.net
Fri Apr 26 22:15:01 UTC 2019

Hello wonderful people!

Here's a little experiment...

I was looking at the overall design of the home page, while doing some
UX mock-ups for the application, and I couldn't shake off the feelings
of "disconnection" and "heaviness".

I decided to apply a new visual style to the content and the flow we
defined, pushing for a brighter identity, and using only colors
available from our styleguide.

You can see both design iterations here (use your keyboard arrows to
move through screen 1 and 2): https://invis.io/7WRQVWSCAUE
While I like v1, I think the brighter v2 feels more modern, proposing an
easily digestible and appealing color palette, while pushing a bit of
brand identity which will be reflected in the actual email client (more
on that to come).

Keep in mind that this is a simple aesthetic choice, so it all comes
down to what we like and what we don't, and I'd love to hear your
thoughts on which direction feels more inline with the Thunderbird identity.

/FYI, I'm using Invision as the Presentator instance I've been using
till now has an SSL certificate issue. You can leave comments like you
did with Presentator.
/

Cheers,

--